Priority Moving is a proud AMSA Member
Based in the Washington, DC, area, AMSA's mission is to represent the interest of the domestic and international moving and storage industry and to help the customers it serves.
The AMSA represents more than 3,500 members, including interstate moving and storage companies, local movers, international movers plus industry suppliers and state association members. The AMSA's chief goals include strong support for effective government regulations and policies that protect consumers while allowing members to provide quality service at compensatory prices, and ensuring that consumers understand the value of professional moving and storage services.
AMSA ProMover Program Info
Recently, the AMSA launched a new consumer protection and certification program called ProMover. This initiative is designed to fight imposters, known within the industry as "rogue operators," like never before by giving consumers an easy way to separate reputable, professional movers from con artists out to make a quick buck at their expense.
The ProMover program takes the worry and the hassle out of moving by helping consumers identify quality professional movers who subscribe to our goals and by providing them with information and assistance with everything from finding a mover, to getting an estimate and packing tips, to understanding valuation and insurance.
Under the new requirements, standards for AMSA membership have been expanded to include a review of any felony convictions of the company's owners, officers or majority stockholders regarding matters over which the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the Surface Transportation Board (STB) or any state consumer protection agency has jurisdiction; verification of company ownership with the appropriate state corporation commission; and a review of each applicant's Web site for improper advertising. Each new applicant must also complete a signatory agreement attesting it will comply with FMCSA and STB regulations and uphold the AMSA Code of Ethics.
AMSA Code of Ethics
Our San Diego movers are committed to the American Moving & Storage Association Code of Ethics.
- To consistently offer and provide the most efficient and reliable moving and storage services available, while adhering strictly to a policy of truth, honesty, integrity and fairness in all business transactions
- To consistently strive for improvement in all facets of industry operations and to bind ourselves to the individual and collective effort of seeking and effectuating such improvement
- To be conscious and considerate of consumer needs and to continually promote the progress, fraternity, education and dignity of our industry so that the public will be better served
- To promote the elimination of fraud, deceit, misrepresentation and unethical practices within the industry and to engage in formal disciplinary review of any and all members involved in such practices
- To afford all members and applicants due process in the administration of association affairs, to promote competitive practices and to eliminate unlawful restraint of trade within the industry
- To maintain the highest concern for the health, welfare and safety of our employees, while recognizing their needs as both human beings and individuals
- To faithfully fulfill all obligations of membership, including the timely payment of all charges for membership affiliation and services
- To protect free enterprise in a democratic society and to foster the commercial viability of the small business component of our industry
Watch the AMSA's video on the ProMover Program